Junior Market Quality Engineer
At Dorel Juvenile Europe, we create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees are directly involved in the research, design, development, testing, and marketing of our products. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Tiny Love, Safety 1st, and Baby Art can be found in over 80 countries worldwide and it is our ambition to extend our leading position in the market.
In our European Market Quality team (part of Operations division), an exciting opportunity has recently come up for an analytical, proactive and enthusiastic Junior Market Quality Engineer (m/f, fulltime). This position is based in our EU headquarters in Helmond, NL.
Because of the international context of our organization, we request that you submit your resume and cover letter in English.
Please note that this vacancy is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
As Junior Market Quality Engineer it is your mission to help ensure product quality within our New Product Development projects and maintain related Product Performance during the full lifecycle of the product.
- Help ensure Product Conformity during product Lifecycle (Maintenance, Engineering Change, Cost Saving Projects) by appropriate Validation processes & tools.
- Highlight & secure related product risk
- Help track Product Quality Performance & Conformity on the Market (Aftersales & Consumer Care inputs) and drive related corrective action plan through Non Conformity Management
- Be the contact person for Market Quality topics
- Handle market alerts (Simplified Alert Form) and appropriated action (answer, action)
- Perform Product Conformity Audits
- Evaluate & classify defect rates and define priorities (aftersales)
- Drive Product Correction or Improvement
- In case of Product issues (during development or lifecycle), help drive appropriate Problem Solving through 8D methodology. (containment, root causes, corrective and preventive actions, efficiency, capitalization, …)
- Manage the product compliance database including all finished products as well as test reports attesting to their compliance with applicable standards and regulations
- Identify products for which tests in external laboratories are necessary (new homologation or renewal)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Quality
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience within a development Center or Manufacturing plant Quality dpt.
- Experience with product quality during NPD phase is a strong bonus.
- Fluent in English;
- Experience with driving Product Quality tools & mindset (DFMEA, DVP, 8D, PPAP, PDCA, 6 Sigma).
- Affinity with juvenile products, as well as with injection molding and materials and machinery is a bonus;
- Good understanding of different cultures and experience in an international organization
- Pragmatic, hands-on attitude and excellent communication skills
- You are a team player who can also easily function as an independent technical expert;
- You actively look for and recognize opportunities for growth of the business;
- You accept our LIFE values: Leading, Integrity, Fun, Excellence.
Are you ready to grow with us?
We are proud to work with 3400 highly driven professionals in 25 different countries. All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards.
Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path, we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. A vital element of our daily operations is the strong connection we maintain with our consumers. We engage with them wherever they are, so they will always benefit from our products and services, even in ways they did not expect.
Want to work with us?